Canada Revenue Agency
- Obtain a business number – You may register your sole proprietor or partnership business online through a secure federal government website.
- Payroll deductions online calculator – To calculate federal and provincial payroll deductions for all provinces (except for Quebec), and territories.
- Pay your taxes online – You can pay your personal or business taxes directly to Canada Revenue Agency online through a secure website.
- Income tax folios – These are a series of technical publications that reflect the Canada Revenue Agency’s interpretation of Income Tax Act as they relate to various topics. The agency is gradually developing these documents and therefore some of the topics have yet to be developed.
Government of Ontario
- Incorporating your business – You may use services of one of private-sector Service Providers under contract with the Ministry of Government Services.
- Business name search, registration, and renewal
- Tax credits for Ontario businesses – You need to be aware of tax credits and incentives available to businesses in Ontario to take advantage of them.
- Ontario Employment Standards Act – If you are an employer or an employee in Ontario, be familiar with your rights and obligations.
- Public holiday pay calculator – Generally, employees are entitled to take public holidays off work and be paid. Here is the list of public holidays and the pay calculation.
- Incorporating federally – You can find all information that you need to incorporate your business federally and make the necessary filings.